General CE advising information, including what you need to bring to your advising meeting, how to find who your advisor is, and who the CE advisors are, is available on the
CE advising information webpage.
Scheduling an advising appointment if I am your advisor
- Send me an Outlook meeting request for one of the times listed below.
- I try to accept all requests upon receipt, but may reject requests received within 24 hours of the appointment time.
- Available times appear as "tentative" in my availability. Times that are already taken by another student appear as "busy".
- Note: Some clients (including iOS 8) treat "tentative" times as busy and will tell you I'm unavailable during all advising times. You can override and send the invitation regardless, but may get a decline from me if another student has that time.
- Use the option that requires me to confirm the meeting (usually the default).
- Use one of the following meeting titles: "Advising", "Advising-YourLastName", or "Advising-YourLastName/Durant".
- Use the following meeting location: "L339". (Several people view my calendar, so a location like "Your Office" will lead to confusion.)
- Many clients that connect to our Exchange Server work well. Here are some options (let me know of other popular options that are confirmed to work):
- Windows: Outlook desktop client
- Web: Outlook Web Access using Chrome or Internet Explorer
- iOS: Calendar or Microsoft Outlook app
- Advising appointments start at hh:00, hh:15, hh:30, and hh:45.
- Advising appointments usually last 15 minutes, but you may schedule a 30-minute appointment if you wish.
- In some clients the combo box picks, etc., are only for 30-minute intervals; you need to select the widget and type the minute for 15-minute boundaries and intervals.
- Week 7 Times
- Monday 10/19: 2:00-4:30 PM
- Tuesday 10/20: 1:30-2:45 PM
- Wednesday 10/21: (no times available: FIE)
- Thursday 10/22: (no times available: FIE)
- Friday 10/23: (no times available: FIE)
- Week 8 Times
- Monday 10/26: 2:00-3:00 PM
- Tuesday 10/27: 2:30-5:30 PM
- Wednesday 10/28: 2:00-4:30 PM
- Thursday 10/29: (no times available: CE IAC)
- Friday 10/30: (no times available: PE)
- Week 9 Times
- Monday 11/2: 2:00-4:30 PM
- Tuesday 11/3: 2:30-5:30 PM
- Wednesday 11/4: 2:00-4:30 PM
- Thursday 11/5: 2:00-5:30 PM
- Friday 11/6: 2:00-3:00 PM
- Week 10 Times
- Scheduled in extenuating circumstances only. Please sign up during week 7 through week 9, or make a special appointment with me in week 11.
This page was last updated on Sunday 29 November 2015.